Saturday, October 21, 2006

Madison Wynter Goble!!!



Finally she's here! Born at 12:13 PM on October 20th after 16 hrs of labour, she weighs 8 lbs 5 1/2 oz and is 21" long! And this is how it went... on Friday evening (19th), pre-labour began at about 8 PM. Ben and I arrived at the Grey Nuns hospital at about 11:00 PM when contractions were about 5 minutes apart. Once we were admitted, we discovered that I was 5 cm dialated and were moved to a birthing room, where I sucked on laughing gas for many, many hours. We called the folks (future grandparents) at about 5:30 AM, and by that time I was about 8 cm dialated, and the laughing gas was not as effective as I would have hoped. The last 2 cm were pure hell, but not in comparasion to the two God awful hours of pushing that I endured! By that time I was definately regreting my decision not to have an epidural, and I was begging for a C-Section! In the end, my doctor decided to the use the vacuum to get her out, and she was out with one tug. The three of us were in our delux postpartum room by about 2 PM, where we spent our first night together. Madison slept almost all of the night, waking only when the nurse checked her out. Today we're all at home and doing well, and are very excited to start our new life toghether! So enjoy this photo, and I'll try to post as many other photos and updates as I can in the furture. Thanks to all our family who supported us at the hospital and now here at home!

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM , Blogger Library Lady said...

I can't wait to call you tomorrow! It's too late now, or else I would for sure. I can't tell you how much I love this munchkin, and I haven't even met her. The pictures make me want to reach out a squeeze a cheek! Did I call that peanut face, or what?! Huh? I mean, seriously. I'm drunk on her cuteness. It should be illegal. No one should be that cute... Sigh...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home