Friday, October 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Madison!

Well folks, today our lil' gal is a whole week old. For those of you who don't get the news everyday, here are the highlights of the week:

- On Tuesday Maddy still hadn't pooped since coming home from the hospital, and Ben and I were a little worried. But, a rectal thermometer took care of that problem and now she poops at every diaper change!

- Since leaving the hospital, Maddy and I weren't having any success with nursing, but yesterday we were visited by a lactation consultant who showed us how it's done! We'll need a lot of practice, and Maddy still takes some formula, but I think we're on the fast track to success!

The lactation consultant also showed us a killer swaddle to use on Madison, and as a result, the three of us got tones of sleep last night, waking only at 3 AM and then 7 AM for feedings!

Other then that, things are trucking along as they should be. The jaundice seems to be all but gone, and Madison grows and changes everyday! A sincere thank you from all three of us to the family and friends who have brought and cooked meals for us, and thanks also to everyone for all the beautiful gifts we've been recieving! Until next time!

1 Comments:

At 6:56 AM , Blogger Library Lady said...

Does she smell nice? I bet she smells nice...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home