
Here's our new little girl Natalie Symone! She was born October 2nd at 4:04 PM and weighed just over 8 lbs, 11oz. Madison is very excited to have her sister home but is still learning to be gentle. Natalie looks quite a bit like Madison but still has her own look to her (be sure to check out a new post next week comparing the two girls on their first day). My labour was a surprise; starting Thursday (same as Madison) about dinner time, the contractions were sporadic in length and intensity. We decided to head to the hospital Friday morning to make sure everything was okay and we were admitted even though I was only 3 cms. A few hours later I was still only 3 cms and contractions were still sporadic so, I had to have ocitocin (a drug which makes contractions unbearable). I eventually decided to get an epidural in the end because I was becoming so anxious about the delivery and don't regret my decision one bit! At 2:30 PM I was 5 cms and by by 3:45 PM I was fully dialated! This little Nat Bug was born after 9 mins of pushing! Unlike Madison, this girl was hungry right away and all through the night, and we did not get much sleep but, now we're home and starting to get into a regular routine... Thank Goodness Ben's off for the next month!
2 Comments:
She is so perfect and pretty! Can't wait to meet her once we are all finally over this cold!
You look so relaxed and happy Nikki. Good job you two and congrats on completing your family. Maddy looks like a great big sister already!
Welcome to the world little one. We'll see you soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home