
Well, you can't tell from this photo taken on Christmas Eve but, what followed over the next 4-5 days had me wishing for the holidays to end. Our Christmas Eve wasn't quite wasn't quite we expected it to be and then, just a few minutes before I was to wake Madison to open her gifts and stocking at our house on Christmas morning, I heard a horrible wretching noise coming from her room. She vomited close to 6-8 times over the next four hours and we had no choice but to stay home while our families were opening presents elsewhere. She began to feel better by mid-afternoon and we headed out to my parent's and Ben's parent's place where we opened many, many presents. But, we were decieved and Madison vomited right into me while I was eating my Christmas dinner. She was sick again during the night; and then we found out boxing-day morning that Grandma Arlene was sick. It wasn't long before we began to drop like flies: me, Ben, Grandma B, Auntie Sandra, Papa Roger, Uncle Troy and Auntie McKinley. It's now the 28th and we're pretty much back to normal. I did lose close to 8 lbs., but I'm none-the-less very eager to take down the tree and decorations and put this holiday behind us.
1 Comments:
Oh my gosh! That's horrible! Hope you're doing better now! We had two cases of the measles and one of pneumonia in our family. I think everyone is looking forward to a healthier 2009!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home